Friday, September 17, 2010

Workouts and a Recipe Retrospective


Still waiting on Powerfit Harmony, but I've been having a lot of fun with my more "moderate" take on the cardio workouts. I also pulled out CLX Burn Circuit 1 yesterday, since I was getting worried about losing my strength - this was the plan all along, and now that it's cooler I feel more motivated to do the harder work.

One really interesting thing happened - I could do push-ups MUCH better than I ever have been able to. When I was doing the original CLX rotation, I was really hoping I'd be able to do push-ups by the end, but it never really happened. During Lean Phase, I was so wiped out all the time, I actually got worse. Now that my body's had a chance to rest up, though.....I was doing really good! (For ME - which is to say that I was rocking knee push-ups and going about halfway down on toes)

I've had some cooking successes lately that I took pics of but hadn't gotten around to posting before, so I will now offer up a quick retrospective on Things I've Been Eating Lately.

Philly Cheesesteak in a Bowl:  We had some leftover roast to use up, so I sliced that Philly style and it turned out really great!



Zucchini "noodles" with Spinach Sauce:  The sauce has been a family favorite for YEARS and was already primal, so it was just a matter of switching out the carrier. The zucchini was really good, although next time, I think I'd steam it longer - it was still a little crunchy.


And...Coconut Orange Pound Cake:  This is fabulous with a little butter and fresh strawberries


This weekend is mostly devoted to housecleaning and laundry - which I'm actually looking forward to, partly because it needs it so damn bad, and partly because Fall is my nesting season.

No comments:

Post a Comment